Friday 18 March 2011

Preparing for the Epic :D

Since finishing the Andalucia Bike Race two weeks ago today I haven't done a great deal! During the last couple of days of the race Kristine got ill and being a truly generous partner she shared it with me ;) I spent a week on the sofa unable to move and although I've been mobile for the last week, my heart rate has been super high and I've been unable to train. It has been frustrating but I know that I need to reach the start line of the Cape Epic 100% healthy, so I've been eating loads of great food while sitting with my feet up!

We arrived in South Africa a couple of days ago. We're staying in Camps Bay which is truly beautiful: gorgeous beach, nice cafes and restaurants, and lovely weather. It can't get any better :D



I'm teaming up with South African Karien van Jaarsveld and I'll be a guest rider on her team, USN (Ultimate Sports Nutrition). There is some super strong competition in the ladies pairs, including World Cup XC race winners Eva Lechner and Natalie Schneitter, British World Downhill Champ Tracy Moseley and Anka Martin, plus many others. Check out the 'who to watch' list by clicking here 


Champman's Peak - Beautiful :)

Dave and I went for an easy spin today over Chapman's Peak to Simon's Town for lunch and then around Scarborough before heading back to Camps Bay. What a stunning ride! My heart rate still hasn't settled down, so it's a few more easy days for me! In the meantime I'll be chilling on the beach and drinking smoothies :D





No comments:

Post a Comment