Saturday 26 March 2011

The Cape Epic starts tomorrow :D

Wahooo!!! I've made a full recovery from the flu and I've been able to get a couple of good training sessions in this week, so I'm now ready for the start of the Cape Epic tomorrow!!!! Phew!!!

My team mate Karien van Jaarsveld came out to Cape Town from Johannesburg on Thursday so we've been spending the last few days getting to know each other. Although we've spoken on the phone and had lots of email contact over the last couple of months, this is the first time that we've actually met. We've been able to go out for a couple of rides together, which has been fun and we've been able to get to know each other's riding styles. Karien is really fun to ride with and I think that we're going to have a great adventure over the next 8 days :D  

Interview at the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town

Tomorrow is a 27km prologue in Tokai Forest which is situated just behind Table Mountain. Riders will be setting off in 25 second intervals and our start is at 9:48:00. The parts of the course that we've been able to pre-ride are really nice and include some pretty technical descents and climbs where rocks, drops, roots and sand are aplenty :D There are also lots of baboons to watch out for too!

So, now I'm off to make some final preparations before putting up my feet.....fingers crossed for good luck tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment