Monday 22 July 2013

Race across the Alps: 2013 Transalp

We're driving home from Riva del Garda, Italy as I type. Amazingly we had no traffic between Riva and Calais, but now we're stuck in traffic during our final stage from Folkstone to Poole!

Last week I raced the 8 day stage race, together with Borghild Lovset, starting in Mittenwald, Germany and finishing in Riva del Garda Italy. The course took riders through the heart of the Dolomites and in total we covered almost 700km and climbed over 20,000 vertical metres. Stage racing is really hectic and there is little time for anything other than racing, recovering, packing, eating etc. etc. (even if we do have mechanics and team supporters!) so I made the decision not to write daily blogs, but I did keep my Facebook fan page up-to-date each day....if you haven't already then please 'like' it ;)

The race went perfectly and we won the first 7 stages and the final pink Leader jerseys...I'll write more in a few days, but now we have to unpack and re-pack because we fly to America on Wednesday to prepare for the Leadville 100 :)





Bye for now,
Sal :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope Leadville goes well, and that you don't get sent the wrong way this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandy! Yes, 100 miles is enough without any extra bonus miles ;)

    ReplyDelete