Sunday 5 May 2013

Knowing when to stop!

This weekend I had to make the difficult decision not to start the Riva Del Garda Marathon. I have trouble dealing with this situation because my heart always says to race, but with the European Marathon Championships next weekend in Singen, Germany, I chose not to line up at 7.30am this morning.

Post travel spin
Last Wednesday we left home in England and set off on our journey to Italy, stopping overnight in Germany and again (unscheduled) in Austria when the van broke down! Finally we arrived in Riva on Friday morning. However, early into our road trip I started to get a sore throat and I wasn't able to recover in time to be 100% healthy on the start line here in Riva.


Naturally, I feel disappointed and I wish I'd have raced, but if I had then I might have jeopardised my recovery and subsequently risked carrying this illness into the race next weekend.


So now our journey continues as we head to Singen. Fingers crossed for health and power ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment