Tuesday 22 May 2012

The Alps are calling me, must be time to race :)

I've spent the last three weeks training in England and now I'm ready to put a number board back on my bike :) It's been great training, but now I miss racing and the mountains are occupying my thoughts.

Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK. One of my favourite views on my training rides

Spending time at home in my own bed throughout May has been really nice, in fact this is the longest time I've spent at home since November. It's been lovely to catch up with friends and ride our local trails. I was even able to go to a local Southern XC race a couple of weeks ago, which was also the 2012 regional championship race. I like these races, they're well organised and the courses are fun. It's also nice to catch up with local riders who I don't get to chat with very often.

Southern XC and Regional Champs

1st Sally Bigham 1:19:12
2nd Jo Munden 1:27:46
3rd Rachel Fenton 1:31:01

I have a really exciting race schedule planned over the next few months, including races in Austria, Czech, Italy, Switzerland, Colorado, Norway and the UK. I can't wait.

Next stop: Alpen Tour, Schladming, Austria.  

2 comments:

  1. Thats an unlucky photograph for Rachel there on the podium *woosh* hair in face!

    Good luck in Austria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a windy day. Sorry Rachel, that's the only photo I have.

    Thanks for your good luck wishes :)

    ReplyDelete