Friday 19 March 2010

Cape Epic: The Count Down Is On

I've been in S. Africa for nearly a week, and it's hot, hot, HOT! I've had time to ride some of the great local trails with my Adidas Big Tree team mate, Nico Pfitzenmaier, who is a cool guy and a perfect team mate :0)

Sun, sea, sand, and bikes
Copyright sportograf.com

We've hired a special Adidas Big Tree chauffeur to drive our camper............


Remember to always lock your door when there are baboons around ;0)
Copyright sportograf.com

My training load has been really low for the last couple of weeks so I am now eager to push the pedal to the metal! The gun goes off at 9am on Sunday morning so I don't have long to wait.

You can follow the results over the 8 days here.

Here we go...........let the fun begin :0)




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've followed your blog for a while now and have to say say that I'm really excited you're riding the epic. I sincerely hope that next time around you find the time to ride in my neck of the woods and ride the SaniC2C. Durban has awesome mountain biking trails you'd enjoy!

    Good luck for the Epic and watch the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shello,

    We loved S. Africa so much that we are already planning our next trip! The perfect schedule would be to arrive a few weeks before the Epic and ride the SaniC2C which sounds like an awesome race and perfect prep for the Epic!

    The MTBing that we experienced in S. Africa was so much fun and we can't wait to check out the trials in the Durban area!

    Thanks,
    Sal :0)

    ReplyDelete